Sunday 13 September 2015

SUQQU Autumn/Winter 2015 Collection: Cheek & Face Colour Palette Ex-01, Creamy Glow Lipstick Moist #12 Benihachimitsu & Plump Lipstick

This years Suqqu Autumn/Winter collection is called a "New Type Of Classic" it looks very elegant and wearable and the use of burgundy gives a nod to the autumnal season.

The Plump Lipstick (£20) is a new formula, its essentially a tinted balm that makes lips appear more voluminous. It provides a glossy pink tint which shows up nicely on me (bear in mind I don't have pigmented lips). This glides on and feels comfortable and moisturising. I like using this on its own for a casual look or under more heavy, unforgiving lipsticks to make them perform better.


There are three new creamy glow lipstick moists, I bought  #12 Benihachimitsu (£27) which is a coral/peach with a really glossy finish. I really like this formula, it has a balm like feel, applies really smoothly and feels moisturising (similar to the Chantecaille Lip Chic).

Ingredients:


Both products swatched below:


The Cheek & Face Colour Palette contains a mirror and has a brush on the top tier. The brush feels soft and applies the product nicely. In my opinion Suqqu is one of the few brands that include
brushes of good quality with their eye/face products.

There are two colour options,  I bought EX-01 (£45) which contains a pink blusher and a peachy face colour. The pink gives a healthy flush to the skin and the peach has a subtle candlelight glow about it and brightens the complexion.



Pigment is soft so if you are a medium skintone or higher this might be best used as an all over brightening powder.
The powders have a soft, buttery texture which is very easy to work with and doesn't look drying, I get about 6 hours wear before I notice fading.
Swatched below both shades then blended together on the right


Ingredients:

I also bought the blend colour eyeshadow quad in #20 Kaoribara which I'll review in the next few weeks.
I like everything I've bought from this collection, the colours are refined and elegant and the products perform very well.

For more enticement check out the reviews on the collection at colormeloud here 

I bought these from http://www.harrods.com/
(Harrods do ship internationally)



8 comments:

  1. Hi Clare,
    thanks so much for the review and link love. I am loving the blush, gives me the right subtle flush in the morning. Now I am intrigued about the lipsticks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your review in the first place, helped me decide what to order, mind you there is still more I want from the collection :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Clare, thanks for the review! I'm thinking these would be too muted on my skin tone, but I can see them working very well on yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might be the case, there is a lovely deeper lipstick they have in the collection which Sara reviewed that I think would really suit you.

      Delete
  3. Hi dear Clare! I really like all these products you're showing here! They're perfect for everyday make up look to give the right freshness to the face! I'm impressed by the blush palette, it contains very delicate colours. The eyeshadow palette by Elizabeth Arden that I use a lot contains two pale blushes, one orangy and the other one pink, in the morning when the time is ~ zero I used them quite randomly and the result is super ok!
    Hey, can't wait to see your eyeshadow palette review!
    Kisses =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, your right about them being everyday, easy to throw on shades. You get a lot of use out of that Elizabeth Arden palette, I might look into one as would be nice having the eyeshadows and blushers in one palette.

      Delete
  4. these colors are so soft and pretty! I wish we had suqqu here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am at a lost as to why Suqqu isn't in more countries, as I am sure it would do really well.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin