Sunday 6 September 2015

Chantecaille Fall 2015 Protect the Wolves: Ella Cheek Shade & Patience Lip Chic

This year's Fall launch from Chantecaille is inspired by wolves and aims to raise awareness of protecting wild wolves. 5% of proceeds from each product is donated to the Northwest Conservation Group in recognition and support of their efforts to protect wolves.

The collection focuses on green earth tones on the eyes with a soft nude lip and cheek.
The Ella cheek shade (£33) is embossed with the head of a wolf, its very pretty, though I have to mention that there have been several photos floating around of an over spray on this but mine did not have one. Its not a bother to me but I know for those collectors out there this might be a let down.


Ella is a gentle warm nude petal pink with a satin finish. The texture is lightweight and has a silky feel. Pigment, though buildable, is initially low. I wasn't impressed with last years Fall limited edition blusher application, so was pleased that this performed much better, blending into the skin seamlessly.
Swatched below then blended in,


Packaging of the box and Ingredients,



The Lip Chic is called Patience (£30) and is a nude pink with a glossy finish. This is a beautiful nude lip, which nearly ventures into being too pale for me but it has just the right amount of pink to make it a nude but not a nude gone too far.

The balm like formula feels comfortable and moisturising, and it applies extremely smooth, a blessing for nude colours which can often highlight dryness and lines. I generally find Lip Chics have quite a short wear time but this was good, giving me around 4 hours.


Ingredients:


I'm really pleased with these and looking forward to buying more from the collection, most noticeably the exquisite looking eye shadow trio.

I bought these from http://uk.spacenk.com

12 comments:

  1. I adore how subtle these shades are. Perfect for pairing with darker eyes and love them for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think they will work really well with the deeper eyeshadow trio, which I will of course have to get soon :)

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous, Clare! Thank you for this review! I have been wanting to see swatches of Patience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad its of use, Chantecaille don't tend to get too much blog coverage. I don't have a lot of wearable nude lipsticks so I am really loving Patience.

      Delete
  3. Oh the blush!!! Not sure I have the heart to destroy the embossing tho! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've been trying to use just one corner of it, will see how long the wolf lasts :)

      Delete
  4. I picked this up and I was one of the ones disappointed by the 'no overspray'. Why advertise it like that if that's not how it comes? I do obviously realise the overspray disappears in a few uses...but damn it...I wanted that sparkly wolf insta picture! Lols
    The Beauty Bloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look nicer with the overspray, the blogs I saw it on got sent it for free before the release, so maybe they only did the overspray for the first batch, good thing its a lovely blush ;)

      Delete
  5. I invested in last year's blush shade and shattered it! I was heart broken, but I think this could be a great replacement ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, Chantecaille and shattered should never be in the same sentence. Mind you if its the flower embossed one that broke then I think this one is much nicer :)

      Delete
  6. Great swatches! I ordered the Lip Chic :) I was glad to hear that it seems to have a longer wear time than those in the past! I like to put on my lipstick in the morning before work and not have to worry about touching it up except after lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you like the lipstick, I think it will be a great everyday type of shade for you. I can't be bothered with touching up unless after lunch either ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin