Sunday 14 June 2015

Lancome Belle de Teint Healthy Glow Powder & Shine Lover lipstick


Lancôme has brought out a natural healthy glow look powder. The powder is meant to create a blurring effect, giving the skin a softer look and recreating the glow of healthy looking skin, providing "a radiance boosting effect for a tanned and matte make-up result". The concept is very similar to Chanel Les Beiges.
In terms of shade selection 01-03 are aimed at fairer skins and 04-08 for medium to darker skin. Along the lines of Les Beiges I assume that if you want a more tanned effect then you go a shade or two up from that which matches your skin.


I bought the lightest shade 01 Belle de Rose (£35) which is a matte peachy cream, I've read a few posts saying this shade can be used as a bronzer but as it's incapable of giving the skin a tanned look I think this particular shade should be viewed more along the lines of a setting powder.
The powder has a smooth lightweight texture but is not as smooth as Les Beiges, nor is it as forgiving on dry skin. I find this a bit powdery and heavy in feel, however it's definitely longer lasting than Les Beiges and works better at preventing shine breakthrough. On my pale skin Belle de Rose gives a subtle brightening effect.
Swatched below on the left with Chanel Les Beiges No.10 on the right.

Ingredients:


Moving onto the new Shine Lover lipsticks, I bought shade #334 Insta-Rose (£21). The cool toned pink packs more pigment than I was expecting and has a lovely vibrancy.


It has a smooth, slightly balm like texture but without any heaviness. Its not got too much slip and though it feels quite hydrating I find it makes the area feel slightly tight during wear.
I really like the finish of this, its very glossy and luminous, albeit not long lasting, though this particular shade does leave behind a stain.
Swatched below once then three times,

Ingredients:

To sum up I think the powder performs well as a setting powder to make makeup last and keep shine at bay, and though there is a slight brightening effect its very subtle. As for the lipstick, though I do like the texture and finish, the tightness during wear prevents me from buying any more of these.

I bought these from http://www.debenhams.com/

6 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, thanks for the review! I have searched the new lipsticks and they seem very glossy and pigmented, but I am really not sure about the tightness. That's never good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its a shame as there are quite a lot of shades I like the look of, money saved I guess ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey Clare, that powder does look more like a setting powder than a bronzer. I like the lipstick though, its a very pretty pink shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like the lipstick and would have got a lot more had it not felt tight on. The powder isn't quite what I was expecting, though will teach me to buy something without waiting for more reviews to come out.

      Delete
  3. Hi dear Clare, what a shame for the tightness of the lipstick...the colour, btw is very pretty and fresh for this period of the year! =)
    Have a serene Sunday,
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marghe,
      Yes, it is a lovely colour, had it not been for the tightness I think I would have bought quite a few more shades ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin