Wednesday 18 December 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Flower Crush Spring 2014 Collection: Rouge Volupte No.32 Jealous Coral

I was surprised to see the spring 2014 collection from YSL out so early along with the new lip gloss formula Gloss Volupte (which I'll review in the next few weeks). The Flower Crush collection is very much about pinks and peachy/corals without the normal prevalent theme of sheer pastels that seem to be out in abundance with spring ranges.
A note about the star of the collection, the Rosy Blush palette (which is a lovely peachy pink) as it does have very visible silver glitter/sparkle when swatched so worth noting if you order that sight unseen.


Of the four Rouge Volupte's I went for the least bright colour, No.32 Jealous Coral (£24.50). Its a juicy, pink with a touch of coral. It has a brightness about it but works to enliven the complexion rather than looking misplaced.
The lipstick feel quite moist/hydrating and has a very high level of slip (which makes me wonder how intense/dark shades would apply). Wear time is quite short, though it does leave a bit of a stain.
Though it feels moisturising I find this shade highlights any dryness, so lips have to be prepared well prior to wear.

Ingredients below, this has the same strong fragrance that a lot of their lip products now have (fruity in a synthetic way).


If fragrance isn't an issue for you and you are willing to take that bit more effort to get your lips prepared, this is a gorgeous spring/summer shade.

I bought this from John Lewis.

14 comments:

  1. Hi dear Clare,
    what a delicate colour!
    I really like this!
    Kisses,
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marghe,
      Its a nice wearable bright, the other shades were a bit too intense for me :)

      Delete
  2. Oh you know how much I love corals, but that's why I have collected so many great ones already. I think I'll sit this out because I think Guerlain has a gorgeous one (and probably Chanel as well?), and RAs usually have a moisturizing formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny,
      Yes, there are a lot of good coral pinks on the market and I don't think this formula supersedes the likes of Chanel, Dior etc

      Delete
  3. I can't stand these lipsticks because of the amount of slip they have as you mentioned. I adore so many other YSL lippies though. Pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christa,
      Yes, the slip is somewhat ott, I've only had one or two of these in the past and forgot how slippery they were ;)

      Delete
  4. I think this color is gorgeous but I don't do well with the fragrance of YSL unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia,
      I'm not keen on fragrance either really, and there is something unpleasant about this strange fruity one.

      Delete
  5. I have not tried the Rouge Voluptes yet although I love the shine formula. I'm afraid that there is too much slip. Jealous Coral looks so pretty though, I might have to go and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jacqueline,
      I think you would like the colour but might not be so keen on the formula, worth checking out in person though :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely color but the formula doesn't speak to me much. I would probably reapply this one every hour and so use it up in no time. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do wish it was a bit more moisturising, lovely colour though :)

      Delete
  7. This one looks lovely, and I love YSL formula... so seems it will be one of my picks for the season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see this being a popular shade as the balance between coral and pink is just right ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin