Wednesday 11 December 2013

YSL Pure Chromatics Quad No 13

Sometimes, very occasionally, I'll break from my neutral, every day shades and go for something  a bit more colourful and shimmery and so we have the impulse buy of Pure Chromatics Quad No 13 (£39). I believe this came out with this years Saharienne Heat Summer collection.

The palette consists of a shimmery warm pink, frosty off white, satin vibrant purple and satin finish cool toned charcoal/grey plum.

All shades feel quite smooth and are easy to work with. Used dry and the colour is a tad lacking but using them damp builds up the intensity and shimmered look.
Swatched below dry and then damp,
 
Overall I think its a good quality formula in terms of wear and blending and I like the finished result, though I do find it a bit too much for an everyday look.

 
I bought this from John Lewis.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice palette! Really classy
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a great palette for those wanting an easy to apply purple eye :)

      Delete
  2. This kinda reminds me of Tom Ford Orchid Haze, though upon closer inspection I can see they are very different. Definitely something I'd wear happily! Love the look you created :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I like that the intensity can be really altered as well, I must pay more attention to YSL :)

      Delete
  3. I think this is so pretty on you. Not too much at all :) I love that purple, it is very lovely. I have a thing for purples too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it comes out slightly less vivid in the photo,compared to real life ;)
      I can see the purple tones of this really working well on you :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my these are so up my alley! I've never tried any YSL makeup. *hides* For some reason I always skip but I guess in the new year I should definitely take a closer look! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not a brand I go to much either, I do think they can be a bit hit and miss. Mind you I did pick up one of their lipsticks from the 2014 spring collection the other day, I must post about that soon as its lovely :)

      Delete
  5. Really love the way these colors look on you! I think I may have to splurge on this palette at some point. I have such a weakness for purples :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can you see you doing some really lovely looks with this palette, though everything looks lovely on you :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin