Wednesday 19 December 2012

Laura Mercier Starlet Mosaic Shimmer Bloc

Featured in the fall Film Noir collection, the Starlet Mosaic (£31) is my first foray into the LM shimmer blocs. The blocs are meant to be used to brighten and illuminate the eyes, cheeks and body.


Starlet Mosaic features a pink, peach, warm brown and frosty white. All shades have heavy shimmer. The effect reminds me very much of the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, though I found this to have better pigment and to not be as frosty.


Unfortunately like the shimmer bricks, whilst I find the shades nice as a wash on the eyes (though Starlet Mosaic is predominately too warm in tone for me) with the cheeks it looks too sheeny and is prone to highlights pores. I like more natural looking highlighters and when I first put this on it was just screaming at me so I had to really buff it in to tone it down. That is not to say I can't use this, but on the cheek area I do have to apply it with just the barest of touches.

All colours swiped together below:

In terms of feel and wear, I have no complaints as it feels very smooth and lasts extremely well.
Unless I saw a shimmer bloc that I wanted to use on the eyes only I would likely not buy one of these again, whilst I do like the warm illumination it adds to my complexion its just a bit too shimmery for me.

I bought this from John Lewis

6 comments:

  1. I am rather obsessed with the Pink Tourmaline one that I have. It's definitely sheen-y and more obvious than some of the cream based highlighters I tend to favour but I like it for days when I feel like being less subtle ;).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      They are very pretty, if I could just have a slightly toned down version I'd be sorted as I liked the look of the other shades as well :) xx

      Delete
  2. so pretty... I just don't pull off shimmer very well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy,
      I am very picky with my shimmer levels as well, shame as I do really like the colour of this :)

      Delete
  3. Just pretty!! What I like about this palette is that you can choose the color that you want. I might use the pink to highlight my cheek and the beige to highlight my browbone. Gorgeous!!

    xx Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meryl,
      I do like that you can get differing colours depending on how you pair the shades :) xx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin