Wednesday 14 March 2012

Chanel April Le Vernis Nail Colour & Suqqu Spring Sneak Peek

I view Chanel nail polishes with trepidation, though the colours are often stunning they don't wear well on me as I am unable to go a day without chips (unless I wear a good top coat in which case I can stretch to about 2 days).
Though I wanted two of the nail polishes from the spring collection I managed to rein my urge in, my mother however did not and she bought the shade in April (£17.50).
If there was a colour that depicted grown up elegance this is it, it has a very glossy finish, the colour is a darkened cranberry. The coverage is very good, though I prefer to wear two coats.
Of course this did chip on me, but it was worth it as the colour is really beautiful and I'll be borrowing this from my mother often I'm sure.
Ingredients:

I couldn't resist giving you a sneak peek at what I bought from the Suqqu spring collection.
Quite a few items from the collection are limited edition (the blushers, face powder and Ex04 lipstick to my knowledge) and as the brand are notorious for having very quick sell outs I'd grab it quick if you are interested. I'll get my reviews up as soon as possible but just to say that I am exceptionally pleased with all the items.

My mother bought the Chanel from John Lewis, I bought the Suqqu from Selfridges.com

16 comments:

  1. Loooook at that stuff! The Suqqu looks gorgeous. I don't think those lip colors would work for me, but that eyeshadow palette and the blush duo is stunning.

    I also love April on you. I bought it a few weeks ago (around the same time I bought Dior Forget Me Not) and I was surprised at how deep the color was. I haven't worn it yet, because I am a lazy manicure person, but it sure looks lovely on you.

    I can't wait to read your Suqqu review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zuzu,
      Thanks :) I really think April will look lovely againsts your cool skintone.
      I do think you would very much like the Suqqu eye quad and blush, I don't get on with a lot of pink blushers as they can turn warm and a bit ruddy but this one does not at all x

      Delete
  2. April looks lovely:)
    I have the same issue with Chanel polishes so I don't have very many of theirs in my collection.

    The Suqqu looks amazing - especially like the look of the blush, quite a sweet compact:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meeta,
      It seems quite a few people have the same problems with the nail formula like we do, though after seeing the shades online they are bringing out for summer it will be hard for me to resist I'm sure :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my my heart literally skipped a beat. I have lusting over the Suqqu spring collection and you got all the items that I have been wanting. But they are so expensive! My wallet says I should just get one item but my heart wants to try a lipstick, blush and eye shadow palette. The blush looks so nice. I can't wait to see your swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline,
      Yes, they are a bit spendy but I decided just to go with it and be a bit frivolous :) I don't have any regrets with what I bought so that was good. I'll get the blush review up first as that is limited edition :)

      Delete
  4. The nail colour is gorgeous! I'm very tempted to get a few bits from Suqqu and I'm hopeful they will still have some items when I go into London later this month. Drivol about the Frivol mentioned that they had put a stop to people bulk buying so fingers crossed that the days of the immediate sellouts are over! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      Thats good if they stopped bulk buying, I rember their winter limited stuff was only on the site a few days before selling out!
      I will tell you now I think you will really like the quad I got, shade #10, so give that a swatch when you get to London xx

      Delete
  5. That chanel polish is a LOT more interesting on the nail than it looks - really beautiful and classic shade! Thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mizzworthy,
      Thanks, it really is one of those shades you keep looking at when you wear it :)

      Delete
  6. April was the only polish I was tempted to get from Spring but I resisted! Goodness it's pretty though! I have yet to try Suqqu. I want to so badly. I really would like to get some of their brushes. I wouldn't even know where to order from to Canada though. I really don't need a new brand to become addicted to I suppose. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PerilouslyPale,
      It is a lovely shade, I'll have to borrow it a lot ;)
      I think Suqqu would be quite a you type of brand, but like you say it would just be another expensive addiction :) x

      Delete
  7. That's such a gorgeous shade of nail polish. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi shandimessmer,
      I think it would be a suits all shade :)

      Delete
  8. April looks beautiful! It really is an elegant shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Makeup Magpie,
      It is a very smart looking colour, a really good staple to have in your collection :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin