Wednesday 23 November 2011

Christopher Drummond In Bloom Collection

Christopher Drummond beauty is a natural, paraben-free and vegan makeup line made with organic based ingredients

I bought the 'In Bloom' collection as it looked like a great way to try a variety of the products from the brand.
The kits come in four options (Fair, Light, Medium and Dark) and there are also two options for the lip stain to choose from.

I choose the Fair kit (£30) with the coral reef lip option. The kit contains the following (and also a Baby kabuki, lip brush/dual sided eyeshadow applicator but I don't think these are CD items):

Pressed Eyeshadow in Innocent (soft natural pink with a subtle shimmer) - 2g: The pressed shadow has a smooth texture and lasts well with an eye base.
Loose Eyeshadow in Marrom ( fawn brown shade with a slight bronze tone and a wearable shimmer finish) - 1.3g: The loose shadow has really good pigment and it adheres well to the lid unlike a lot of other loose shadows on the market. It lasts the day with a base with no colour fade or creasing.

Creamy Lip Stain in Coral Reef ( metallic red berry)- 4g : It feels comfortable on as its reasonably moisturising, though it does have quite a heavy feel.
Although I am not a fan of a metallic finish this really works well with the colour.

Swatches:


Finale Finishing Powder in Branca (White) - 1g. This has a fine texture and is not drying, though it keeps my shine at bay it might not be enough for really oily skin.
Saude Pele Radiance Booster - 1g: The colour is a slightly yellowed gold, it dose add a pretty glow to the skin but the colour is far to warm for my cheeks so I use this as an eyeshadow.
Concealer in Light - 4.3g :This has a lovely cream consistency and I can use it all over as a foundation as it blends in really nicely on the skin and doesn't look cakey at all. The coverage is medium and it lasts quite well. The problem for me is that its too dark and probably best suited for a NC/NW20.
Veludo Velvet Foundation in Creme (Cream)- 1g : The colour is a great match for my very pale cool toned skin.The foundation does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride (which makes my skin very itchy) nor does it contain Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide (so it won't give that white cast in photos).
One of the other attributes is it doesn't look dry on the skin and gives a slightly dewy look. However, I do find the coverage sheer-medium and I need more as I have quite a lot of discolouration, I'm also not sure that my sensitive skin is reacting too well to this, it might well be the cornstarch or one of the essential oils.

Swatched below: Concealer, foundation, finishing powder, Radiance Booster
This time I have blended the concealer in

I think this is a great selection of products at a really good price (I think the pressed eye-shadow and lip stain are full sized, they both normally cost £18 each). I don't hear a lot about Christopher Drummond but I am very glad I decided to buy this and if the range has tweaked your interest I think these kits are a great introduction.

Ingredients:


I bought this from justbeautydirect.co.uk

5 comments:

  1. I am glad that you like CD, I am afraid that I was hugely disappointed, a range that promised so much, but ended up for me being over priced and ineffective. I bought trial sizes (fortunately) of the Saude Pale Radiance and the Veludo Velvet but neither, either individually or together offered any coverage. It is good to see that justbeautydirect have more of the range though. Hope you get on well with it. Thanks for this x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds interesting. I know all about that itchy Bismuth sensation, it's so uncomfortable isn't it? That lip colour is very pretty.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a good deal! You get a nice variety :) The shadows look really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors look gorgeous. Now I want to check out their pressed shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan,
    What a shame, so glad they were sample sizes! The two products you mentioned are the ones I didn't get on with out of the whole lot. Of everthing its the loose shadow and concealer formula (as its too dark) that I was most impressed with x

    Hi Jane,
    Brands do seem to put Bismuth in so many things yet I always read about people getting reactions from it. It was a nice set to try, I had to try the brand after Grace mentioned it, sheep that I am ;) x

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    The loose shadow is the star of the show I think, it has such a lovely gleam to it :)

    Hi Mary,
    It is a nice selection, good way to try the brand :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin