Friday 22 July 2011

Snowberry Smoothing Eye Serum

After my disappointment with La Mer The Eye Balm Intense, I thought it prudent to try an eye cream from a brand that I’d had a lot of success with. The Snowberry smoothing eye serum (£47.50) contains natural peptides and herbal extracts. The cream is designed to target eye puffiness and the depth of wrinkles, and compensates for the natural loss of thymic factors.
Its an almost yellowed brown colour but the colour doesn’t show on the skin once it sinks in. It has a lightweight texture and causes me no irritation (a lot of eye creams usually sting me).
I’ve used my one up now so here are my thoughts:
After about 3 weeks I noticed that my under eye area was smoother, my bags less visible, after about a month I noticed that my discoloration was slightly lessened. However, for my very dry eye area I did not find this provided enough moisture, if I was going makeup free its not a problem but when applying eye concealer I can tell the area appears less hydrated.
Its extremely difficult to get helpful before/after pictures as the lighting always seems to differ so these maybe somewhat redundant.
Before:
After:
I'm quite torn on this as this is is the best eye cream I have ever used for bags/puffiness and I do feel like my eye area looked brighter than before, but the moisture is an issue for me. If they brought out a richer version I would grab it in a second.
I do however think I likely re-buy this as I ran out of this about 2 week ago and I am really noticing my eye bags/puffiness are worse, so although its not perfect for me this is the best eye cream I have used thus far.

Ingredients:

I bought this from salonskincare.co.uk

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that's really promising. I think I would keep using it for the benefits but maybe use it at night and use a more moisturising cream in the morning. Or possibly even the reverse? I know that puffiness can be exacerbated by a cream that is *too* moisturising which may be part of the success if it's not as hydrating as you're used to. I can really see why you are torn!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane,
    I think like you say I might try using it at just the night, I've just ordered a mamamio eye cream and I want to get some real bodycare ones that Grace London posted about recently but I do think I'll re-buy the Snowberry at some point and work it back into my regime, what is the eye cream you are currently using? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye cream? *cough cough cough* Can we pretend that you haven't just caught me out for still not using one? Oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, well maybe you are on to something as I think you eye area looks really good! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    It's Ranjitt! I hope you are well. I just wondered if you are still using Snowberry? I am and am still loving it! I adore the intensive serum and the day creams. I am not that keen on the brightening range as it's not as advanced as the collagen one.

    Best wishes

    Rnajitt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ranjitt,
    Nice to hear from you. I still use their day and night cream from the brightening range and alternate with their cleanser. What a shame you do not get on with the brightening range, I am tempted by the intensive serum you like, although I think I'd probably start out with the smaller size if I try it. I think the brand has been gaining alot more in popularity, I know I see them mentioned a lot more now. It will be interesting to see what new products they bring out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello

    I have some very sad news. Snowberry is going to be discontinued in the UK! I had an email from the manager.
    It's very sad and I will miss the brand. I supported it as much as I could, but my support alone wasn't enough.

    Will you miss Snowberry?

    Best wishes

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danny,
      I had just heard this as well :( it only came about as I was trying to buy the sunscreen and couldn't find it anywhere so emailed them direct. Its such a shame as I really think the brand was something special and I am surprised it didn't catch more peoples attention.
      I saw your great post about the organic pharmacy sun cream so might have to try that instead x

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm sad to hear this. I'd spotted the reduction in price on Escentuals and wondered about buying a few things. I wished I had now! Lovely brand, lovely ethic, I guess the price bracket just put people off? x

      Delete
    3. Hi Jane,
      I'm sure the price was an issue, it is such a shame and its not like I feel I can stock up on some of their other items as Snowberry tend to have short shelf life and you never know if places online are selling old stock x

      Delete
  8. Hello

    Thanks for your message.

    I really hope you enjoy the Organic Pharmacy SPF50 as much as I do. Can't wait to see how you get on. Have you tried it yet?

    Best wishes

    Danny x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danny,
      It just arrived the other day so I'll be trying it soon, fingers crossed it doesn't make me break out :) x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin