Sunday 26 June 2011

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow: Shore

I’ve been looking for a matte nude, cream base shade for a while now. I couldn’t ignore the positive reviews of Shore (£16.50) which has been described as the perfect nude cream base shade by many.
Although the Bobbi Brown cream formula is not my favourite as I find it drying, I can’t argue with its long lasting abilities.
I’d held off buying this for a while as I wondered that it might be too warm.
Indeed it is, it swatches darker than I had expected but its when I apply it that it really goes wrong.
I do get a beige nude shade, however it has a visible yellow/orange hue to it that makes it unwearable for my complexion.
I think its easy to get caught up with positive reviews for a product without taking a step back and actually thinking about if it will work for your own complexion. Whilst this is very wrong for me I don’t doubt that this would work for those who are darker than me and not cool toned.
Ingredients:
I tend to get more misses than I do hits with BB but that hasn’t stopped me eyeing up her soon to be released Tortoise Shell Eye palettes.

I bought this from bobbibrown.co.uk

7 comments:

  1. Hi
    I'm sorry that didn't work for you. I find with BB she has many products that have that warmish cast. Her foundations (no matter how hard I try to love them) almost always turn a weird yellow tone on me. One product I do like from her is (although not a creme formula) her pressed shadow in Flesh. I reach for that one a lot.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad it didn't work for you! I see what you mean about the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your review has helped me not to buy this; thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, I'm so sorry! But you are right, this definitely isn't one for you. I also agree about getting caught up in the positive reviews; it's all too easy to give in to the lemming and forget that as awesome as a product may be, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work for everyone.
    Oh well, you win some, you lose some...
    Have a great week ahead hon :))
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. BB's foundations turn yellow, because she believes (and has said in print) that all foundations *should* be yellow! Um, no.

    Replica, Shore didn't work for me, either. Have you ever tried Cement? The powder shadow is too warm for me (even though it is beautiful in the pan), but the cream shadow is a pretty neutral greige.

    I do agree that some of her cream shadows can be drying. Oddly enough, some are fine. Navajo is a no go for me. Tacky and dry. But Cement, Galaxy, Sand Dollar, Ash, and Orchid are all creamy and smooth. That said, Benefit Creaseless Cream shadows are even nicer, though the colors are more limited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate disappointments! So sorry! Maybe you can still get some use out of it as a base under the right eye shadows? I really hate how so many things pull so yellow on my skin tone. Zuzu is right. Foundation should not all be yellow regardless of cancelling out redness etc. It should reflect our natural colouring as fair or as pink as that may be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeanie,
    You right there about the warmish cast. I have a feeling that I might have bought flesh in the past so I'll double check on that one, when we get a BB counter near me I went a bit crazy and over bought and have lost track on all the shade names I had, suffice to say that I haven't kept any of the shadows ...tries not to think about money wasted... x

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    Yes, it really looks wrong on me.

    Hello Ammie,
    Glad to help :)

    Hi Nina,
    I really didn't think this one through, I'd hate to think how many things I have bought that haven't worked for me, wish we had a return policy here in the UK x

    Hi Zuzu's Petals,
    The cement shadow was warm on me as well,annoying as she seems to put that one in a lot of palettes, I'll have to have a look at the cream one. I do think my eyelids are getting the dryer the older I get so am sure that it why I am getting more picky ;)
    I do wonder if the Tortoise Shell Eye palette in Sand will be too warm for me and yet I am still thinking about getting it.. x

    Hi PerilouslyPale,
    Yes, BB does seem very strict about the yellow tones, like you say it should be natural its not like everyone has the same tones on their skin.
    I've since given up on this and gave it away, I'd like to think I would learn from this but we know that won't be the case ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin