Friday 5 November 2010

Essie Fall Collection 2010

After seeing all the great reviews for the Essie fall collection it wasn't long till I caved and placed my order. Unfortunately Zuneta.com were sold out of the in Stitches shade so I picked Demure Vixen instead.
For nail varnish I tend towards brands that don't contain DBP, Formaldehyde and toluene and the newer Essie formula's do not contain these supposedly toxic ingredients.
The shades are (£9 each):Velvet Voyeur (very dark purple), Limited edition (Medium juicy red), Merino Cool (mix of cool purple/mauve/grey) Sew Psyched (Cool toned sage green with faint shimmer ) and Little Brown dress (extremely dark cool toned brown).
Now you may think to yourself that I just splodged the colours on and I concede I did, I'd like to believe that one day I would learn patience and do it nice and neatly..
Little Brown dress:
The formula is not at all thick, indeed more runny that I am used to. I need two coats to get the desired finish, I would say wear is as average, I don't fare that well with nail varnish, must be all that hard work I do...

The obvious stand outs are going to be Sew Psyched and Merino Cool as they are a little different from the norm.

Here is Demure Vixen, its a light mauve with a very subtle iridescence.
Jane did a really nice post on it here http://www.modestybrown.com/search/label/Essie

8 comments:

  1. They all look lovely but Little Brown Dress is the one that's calling me - it looks so rich like dark chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I like all of them- damn! I need another lacquer like a hole in my head! lol

    If I can't get hold of the Dior one I want- I will pick up Little Brown Dress and layer some copper and golden shimmer over it. Thanks for the lemming again ;) x jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so wanting the sew psyched it hurts. I have to agree about Essie formular, I always have a bit of a heartstopping moment part way through applying and when it is all going streaky....and then it is ok,always. I have Essie varnishes which are 8yrs old and are fine, no thinner required. Thankyou. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meeta,
    It is really dark. I've started eyeing up a few of the colours in their winter range now :)

    Hi Jeanie,
    I bought the Dior holiday one we were looking at and I am very disappointed, not how I thought it would be, I'll try and review it for you soon.

    Hi Jan,
    I was a little unsure about sew psyched at first but I do really like it,not had a colour like it before. I don't think I have anything in my collection that is 8yrs old, I think maybe I am just finnickity and get board of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My faves would be Velvet Voyeur and Merino Cool, the boring shades! Not really feeling Little Brown Dress, it isn't really like chocolate it looks more like...well, you know! My favourite Essie shade is Angora Cardi, I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna,
    I won't ask you to name what you think it looks like.. ;) I'll have to look into this Angora Cardi you talk of x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the look of Velvet Voyeur and Merino Cool. Very nice! I'm a born splodger, I try really hard not to do it but it's not easy with small people. I can't get nail polish to last, I blame bottle washing. Maybe if we invested in a dishwasher I'd actually manage to keep it looking nice for 5 minutes!

    Thank you for sharing the lovely swatches xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane,
    I think Merino Cool is a very "you" shade. I have used the "I've just done my nails so can't do any washing up" but it doesn't go down that well.. x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin