Wednesday 13 October 2010

Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss

Chanel recently released a mini collection of their new lip gloss formula (Extrait de Gloss), 3 nail polishes and some more Rouge Allure lipstick shades.
The gloss has a flocked wedged shaped applicator that it a bit springy. It applies the products really well and is good for getting into the corners. Although the texture is quite thick it doesn't feel particular heavy on and has an almost gel like feel and applies very smooth. I do find it a bit more sticky/tacky than I would prefer and this is the only reason I would be hesitant to buy more.

I bought shades (£22.50 each) in #55 Confidence (neutral medium pink/rose) and #56 Imaginaire (pinky/peach), neither shade is shimmery as such, just a high gloss/shine finish.
Swatches L-R: RA in Confidentielle, Confidence, Imaginaire
On the face of it the colour sounds very dupable, however I 'm not sure if its to do with the finish but the high gloss and clarity of colour makes these that little bit special.
The collection has some really nice reds, pinks and nudes with a coral thrown in. I think all of them are meant to be permanent apart from Confidence. I also bought one of the new Rouge Allure lipstick shades in #66 Confidentielle (£22.50).
It is a neutral pink that has a little bit of brightness to it and has almost a slight frost in the finish. I quite like the RA formula, its creamy and long lasting although not that lightweight nor particular moisturising but nevertheless a good standard.

7 comments:

  1. these look lovely! I bought Fatale which is a deep red and it is gorgeous. I love the look of the lipstick -- too bad I'm on a self-imposed shopping ban right now otherwise I'd go out and get it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely, one for the memory bank I think! Is it wrong to like the packaging too?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also bought #55 and #56. They might look similar swatched, but on the lips they can appear quite different because they let a bit of the natural lip color come through. On me, #55 Confidence is a my lips but better color and is cool in tone. #56 Imaginaire is a warm pink with just a touch of coral. Both colors have a subtle glow that I'd describe as a very soft pearl. If just adds a bit of depth to the colors rather than any blatant iridescence or sparkle. Although I like lipstick, my day-to-day reality is that I'm more of a gloss gal. These provide a bit more coverage and wear a bit longer than a regular gloss; yet they have that ultra smooth, balm like feel on the lips. I also found the formula to be moisturizing. I hope Chanel comes out with more shades as it releases new collections. I think this one is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,
    The thought of a shopping ban sends shivers down my spine ;) It is a nice collection overall, I was quite tempted by the rosey nail varnish as well.

    Hi Jane,
    The packaging is nice, actually I can't think of a lip gloss other than this that doesn't have see through packaging ? I do think one of the glosses should go on your list x

    Hi Eileen,
    Soft pearl is a good way to describe it, do you think you will pick up any more of the shades ?
    I always have a soft spot for Chanel as I used to have a really nice SA and a large collection, shame the SA went really, probably good for my wallet though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Replica,

    #60 Excès (light translucent red) is still calling my name. I originally gave it a miss because I thought I had something very similar at home. As it turns out, I don't; so the next time I'm at the mall, I'll stop by the Chanel counter to pick it up. At my age I can no longer wear intense reds like Dragon, but Excès is very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't visited those yet. I'm tempted by Imaginaire, but I have also seen swatches of Exces (I am is the same category a Eileen above) and Emoi. Although, I will probably wait for the Holiday collection launch on the 5th of November, as I think at least two Glossimers have my name on them :-)
    Have a lovely weekend hon!
    Nx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Eileen,
    I might had to re-think my buying no more of them as Excès sounds really nice, I'll have to take another look at that one :)

    Hi Nina,
    I am looking forward to the holiday launch, I think I'll either end up buying one thing or end up with loads, the reviews of the quad seem to be rather mixed though. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin