Friday 30 April 2010

Further thoughts on the Jemma Kidd Make Up School range

If I buy something I like from a brand I've not tried before I have a habit of suddenly wanting to try everything from the line. After buying the Jemma Kidd eyeshadows, I went and bought the Pro I-Rescue Bio Complex Cover (£28) and Pro Crease Brush 06 (£18) and also got a GWP full size Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lip Gloss (normal price £14). I bought these from http://www.lookfantastic.com/ and they still have the promo on.
The concealer promises a lot “Reduce fine lines, puffiness and bags around the eye area whilst covering blemishes and dark circles”
I got the shade light and although I consider myself very pale this is much too light for me and gives the dreaded white highlighter look. Colour aside, I probably didn’t use this long enough to be able to benefit from any of the potential treatment claims for lines, puffiness and bags but for me it was too dry and didn’t last well. I wouldn’t use this on blemishes because of the ingredients however it worked better on skin redness than it did as an under eye concealer.
I’ve been looking for a replacement for my MAC 226 as I find it a bit scratchy, the Pro Crease brush looked similar online but in real life you can its bigger, less tapered and fluffier. It deposits colour quite well and blends ok but not as good as the 226.
Although there is nothing ultimately wrong with it, its not made me want to rush out and try any more of the brushes.
The Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lip Gloss gives a subtle tint to the lips. The colour I got, Coral, looks really bright in the tube but once on I get an easy to wear touch of pinky peach coral. Whilst I’d agree its quite long lasting, I don’t agree with the non-sticky claims. It’s quite strongly scented of the fruity variety.
Swatches of concealer and gloss
After this last purchase I don’t think Jemma Kidd is a brand I will be buying from again as I just don’t think it’s for me. There are so many great makeup brands these days that I find I am expecting more from any given product, I guess that just means I’m getting harder to please :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you!
    When the brand first went over to SpaceNK I got sucked into buying the mineral base and tinted moisturiser (both quite expensive I might add and touted as a colaboration with Shiseido) and was utterly disappointed by their performance.
    My experience with the colour products was a much better one, although at the time of my purchases J. Kidd was still at Boots with prices to match.
    I do believe I'm done with the brand unless they come up with something that performs much better and justifies the price point.
    Have a great bank holiday weekend!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina,
    Its so annoying when you spend a lot of money only to have them turn out as duds.I do think they should be at a slightly lower price than they are.
    I think I am going through a phase of "must try every brand" at the moment :)
    Enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin