Wednesday 23 September 2009

Pai Skincare


I have dry, sensitive and hugely acne prone skin. I don’t tend to chop and change skincare anymore, however my acne is now under control due to medication, and whilst I was happy with my current moisturiser, I have always thought my cleanser was a bit too gentle at removing all my makeup. I’d seen Pai mentioned on a few blogs and it did interest me as it's chemical free (no parabens or other synthetic preservatives) and claimed to be suitable for even hyper-sensitive skin.
Instead of buying just one thing (as I seem incapable of doing) I got the Pai Organic Skin Care Starter Kit, with the Camellia & Rose Cleanser and the Avocado & Jojoba Organic Moisturiser for Normal Skin. Delivery was free and really quick and they also sent a free full size bergamot lip balm, which seems to still be a current offer (if you spend over £20)
I’ve waited a while to review the items, as I wanted to be sure they wouldn’t irritate/break me out.
The cleanser is rather thick and has a creamy consistency. It removes all my makeup, including mascara and eyeliner (which surprised me as the only non-oil cleanser that has been able to do this for me was Fresh soy cleanser). It doesn’t irritate or break me out, and does not leave a residue on the skin. My only gripe is it leaves my skin ever so slightly dry. I will be re-buying this when I run out.
The moisturiser I am not so keen on, although it causes no irritation, it feels heavy on and doesn’t seem to absorb on the skin completely. Applying makeup over this type of base means it does not adhere well and ends up a bit patchy. I only use it as a night cream now because of this.
The lip balm, is quite nice, these types of products usually give me little spots on the lip line so I gave up on them but I have no such problems with this one. It moisturises nicely without being really greasy or heavy.

http://www.paiskincare.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin