Friday 25 September 2009

Givenchy Poudre Libre

I decided to do a full review on Givenchy Poudre Libre in Poetique Orchid. I was hesitant this would not work for me as the majority of Givenchy's face products are fragranced so irritation was a concern. Poudre Libre is a loose powder quartet. Poetique Orchid is part of the fall collection and contains shades of apricot, beige, soft yellow and white (the white contains fine glitter, which I feel is an unnecessary addition).

Due to the packaging I find it very difficult to get just one shade out so use them all mixed together. I am however surprised that I like really like this. It gives very good coverage (which sometimes can threaten to look cakey so a good brush is a must) and gives a nice soft glow and really evens out the complexion, ruddiness gone and dare I say that it gives me a more youthful look. My only problem with this is after about 4 hours wear my skin can feel a bit itchy, so its not the best for me to wear for work which is a shame as I really like the overall effect. If you haven't got sensitive skin this is worth a try.

3 comments:

  1. The packaging on that powder is amazing, I've never tried anything Givenchy but I might have to give this a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had this one, let's say it was OK. Color was maybe too warm for winter period for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana,
      Yes, I have to say after trying this I wasn't impressed enough to go buy another :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin