Wednesday 16 September 2009

Dior Serum de Rouge

New for 2009, these cost £23. They are housed in a long tube (quite weighty). The product comes out via a twisty mechanism and I am pleased to say that you can easily twist it so the product goes back in.
I was intrigued by the claim that these have “a lot more active skincare ingredients than other lipsticks and are meant to smooth and pamper your lips”.
For me this feels very lightweight on and gives a sheer luminous finish. Pigmentation is medium and lastabilty is average. I was not thrilled with the colour selection and the only one that tempted me was #710 Beige. This is a slightly warm natural beige, not a unique shade in the least but its more the formula rather than the range of shades that made me buy the product.
So does the formula deliver; I do think it smoothes my lips and I don’t get any dryness or fine lines showing through. I am happy with this product and I think if you can find a shades you really like they are worth checking out,especially for the more wintery months ahead when lips are going to be more dry.

4 comments:

  1. I've been wondering what this products is like - thanks so much for this review xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mizzworthy,
    I couldn't find a review so decided to take the plunge, got it when Debenhams had the 10% off, made the price a bit better :) Thanks for your comment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this product too....feels very creamy and gentle on the lips and didn't seem to dry out at all. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello britishbeautyblogger,
    Thanks for your comment. The more I use it the more I like, hopefully they will expand the shade range. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin